Filtered water has been proven to be significantly healthier than unfiltered water. Not only will filtered water reduce your risk of serious diseases, but it can also improve your aesthetic appearance as well. Consider these eight ways that filtered water can benefit your skin.
A Healthy Complexion
If you’re concerned about your skin health, there are numerous reasons why you should drink filtered water.
- Hydrate Your Skin – Our bodies are made up of 60% water. Drinking unfiltered water would be like filling a competitive race car with cheap gas. Fill your engine with premium gas to allow for it to run well. The analogy applies to skincare and water. Putting filtered water in your body is a great way to improve your skin’s complexion.
- Replenish Skin Tissue – Studies have shown that filtered water is a great way to replenish and rebuild skin tissue.
- You’ll Save Money on Topical Creams – Drinking water is one of the most effective ways to improve your skin’s complexion and reduce wrinkles. You will no longer have to spend money on moisturizers and creams.
- You Can Reduce Your Risk of Skin Disorders – Dry skin has been known to cause psoriasis and eczema. Drinking ample amounts of filtered water can help prevent this from becoming an issue.
Chlorine is one of the most harmful chemicals found in tap water. It is used as a legal cleaning agent, added to water to help prevent the growth of microbes and other bacteria. Unfortunately, chlorine is added to both tap and bottled water. The only way to avoid consuming chlorine is by drinking filtered water.
- Your Clothes Absorb Chlorine – If you use unfiltered water in your washing machine, you could be exposing yourself to harmful chemicals throughout the day. The fibers of your clothing absorb chlorine, where it is then transferred onto your skin. If you are active and sweat, your pores will open, absorbing the chlorine directly. Filtered water avoids this problem.
- You’ll Avoid Dry Skin – Chlorine is known for drying out people’s skin. By showering and drinking filtered water, you’ll avoid complications from dry skin.
- You’ll Reduce Your Risk of Skin Cancer – Chlorine is a carcinogen that promotes the development of free radicals in the body. These free radicals attack healthy cells, increasing your risk for cancer. Studies have found links between the consumption of chlorinated water and an elevated risk of skin cancer.
- You’ll Look Younger – When bathing or showering in unfiltered water, your skin pores are likely to open. Chlorine will enter your skin cells and strip away healthy oils, leaving your skin lacking elasticity. Chlorine has been said to make you age more quickly because it creates more wrinkles than filtered water.
Professional Technicians Can Filter Your Water
Some pitchers of water can be used when filtering water, but you’re severely limited in how much water you can use at one time. Once you empty the pitcher, you’ll have to refill it and let the water filter through before you’re able to use it again.
A better alternative would be allowing Carolina Water to install an in-home water filtration system. You can either have the filtration installed on your faucet for drinking water, or install a whole-home filtration system that will provide clean water for all of your appliances, including
- Washing Machines
We will evaluate your water supply system and figure out what needs to be done to purify your water. Carolina Water technicians will there to provide a fair quote. They can complete the installation process in a few hours. Your new water filtration system will begin working instantly, providing you and your family with fresh water for years to come.