Lately, more and more people have been installing water filters in their home. There are a handful of reasons why this is beneficial, but most often it comes down to health. Filtering your tap water is a smart decision that can keep you and your family healthy.
Why You Can’t Trust Unfiltered Water
Unfortunately, government regulations permit water supply companies to put chlorine and other chemicals into your tap water. Although only trace amounts are allowed, consuming any bit of these chemicals can be very detrimental to your health. So, it’s easy for your water supply company to say that your water meets government standards when in reality, it still contains harmful chemicals.
Many people feel that bottled water is the safe alternative, but this is not the case either. The bottled water industry is more loosely regulated than the tap water industry. The water found in bottled water is often municipal tap water. Best case, the water is equivalent to tap water. Worst case, your bottled water is worse than tap water. To clean your water, you should use a water filter. Water filters are the only way to remove toxins and pollutants from unfiltered water.
Filter Your Water For These Ten Reasons
If you’re considering filtering water, start with this list of ten reasons why doing so is beneficial.
1) Your tap water will smell better and taste better after you remove contaminants from the water. Pollutants in the water include chlorine, pesticides, chemicals, bacterial contaminants, and heavy metals.
2) Depending on the type of water filtration system you choose, you may be able to remove lead right before consumption. This is a huge perk, as lead has proven time and time again to be one of the most dangerous substances in water. Consider purchasing a point-of-use filter for this.
3) Countertop filters are an excellent way for quick access to clean water. They cost much less than bottled water and help you create a positive environmental footprint
4) Your risk of cancer will decrease significantly. Unfiltered water has been associated with diseases such as rectal cancer, bladder cancer, and colon cancer. Research has shown that filters are an efficient way to remove chlorine and chlorine byproducts from unfiltered water.
5) Carbon water filters are a great option to remove more heavy-duty contaminants from your water. They also help retain healthy mineral deposits, which keeps your pH level balanced.
6) Consuming filtered water can help remove toxins from your body and protect your body from disease. When healthy, filtered water is a useful tool to help boost your immune system.
7) A simple water filter acts just like a tap but instead pours water that’s been filtered through the faucet. Not only does this water filter prove to be beneficial for drinking, but it’s crucial for cooking as well.
8) Filtered water has been proven to reduce the risk of gastrointestinal disease. This is because the filtration process removes e-coli, cryptosporidium, and giardia. All three of these can disrupt your GI tract.
9) Filtered water is also crucial for children, and can help develop their immune system. The earlier a child’s immune system grows, the healthier they will be.
10) There is no other was to remove the nearly 2000 toxins that exist in unfiltered drinking water.
Be sure to contact Carolina Freshwater for all of your water filtration needs. We can install any of the water filters mentioned above. We can also fit a combination of multiple filters so that you have clean water no matter where you are in the house. Reliable and trustworthy, Carolina Freshwater looks forward to servicing your water filter needs.